Children's Shelter (Respite)
Photos Courtesy of Schmidt Associates
Offers emergency, temporary shelter for endangered children, runaway and homeless youth in Central Indiana. This program also provides temporary emergency services and shelter to youth removed from their homes for abuse and neglect. Planned respite care is available for children of parents who are facing difficulties. Support services and referrals to other community resources are available.
What we offer at the Children's Shelter:
• Emergency, temporary shelter for children and youth
• Planned respite care for children of parents facing extremely stressful life challenges
• Support services and referrals to other available community resources
• 24 hours a day, 7 days a week access to a crisis worker
Who can use the Shelter?
• Runaway children
• Homeless children
• Children who are victims of or witness domestic violence
• Children whose parents are experiencing a housing crisis
• Children whose parents are experiencing a mental health or medical crisis
• Children who are at risk of abuse or neglect