Older Youth Services Mentoring
The Children's Bureau Older Youth Services program serves young adults transitioning out of foster care. Youth voluntarily receive services to help them find stable housing, employment, and achieve their educational goals. As an OYS mentor, you can help youth build strong, healthy relationships and work toward these goals. Children's Bureau has partnered with Trusted Mentors for training and mentor support.
- Pass a background check including fingerprints, driving record, and other state & local criminal history checks.
- Attend training sessions with Trusted Mentors & Children's Bureau staff (2 two hour sessions + follow up interview)
- Age 21+ required (Mentors age 25 and older preferred)
- Have reliable transportation. Currently, all mentees reside in Marion County.
- Have a flexible schedule allowing meetings with a mentee an average of six hours per month for at least one year
- Submit monthly logs and attend recognition nights
We're currently recruiting mentors to be matched.
Please contact Chelsea Smock (email@example.com) to learn about the next volunteer orientation and how you can partner with us to preserve and protect the future of Indiana's children.
Mentor Training & Support Partner: